Venue / Travel - Letter of Invitation


IPC will issue letters of Invitation or Confirmation under the following conditions, restrictions, and requirements. Please include home address with both types of letter requests.

Letter of Invitation

  • This letter invites the presenting author to attend the conference and contains the required information to satisfy visa requirements:
    • Date of birth
    • Passport Number
    • Paper Title
    • Paper Number
  • IPC will ONLY issue Letters of Invitations to presenting AUTHORS of the conference who meet our requirements:
    • Confirmed Presenting Author with Paper Number confirmed by Technical Coordinator (ASME Web Tool)
    • Confirmed FULL payment has been made for registration (Registration System)
    • Provide their Passport Number and Date of Birth

Letter of Confirmation

  • This letter confirms that a delegate has registered and paid for the conference. This letter will not satisfy visa requirements. Delegates have requested it for proof of professional development credits, or it may simply have been requested by their organization.
  • IPC will ONLY issue Letters of Confirmation to anyone who meet our requirements:
    1. Confirmed FULL payment has been made for registration (Registration System)

Any questions related to this information should be directed to the IPC Conference Manager at

All requests for letters should be sent to the IPC Conference Manager at with the Subject line: IPC Letter.

Attention international attendees – new requirements for those travelling to Canada

If you are travelling to Calgary from outside of Canada to attend IPC 2018, please note that Canada has implemented an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) for international visitors.

The Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is a new entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals flying to or transiting through Canada. The authorization is electronically linked to your passport and is valid for five years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.

As a general rule, United States citizens carrying a United States passport do not need an eTA.

Please visit Government of Canada for information on travel to Canada including travel visas and the new eTA.

This information is provided as a guide only. Individuals must take the appropriate steps to determine their travel requirements and needed documents.